- Sign the signature stripe on the back of your credit card as soon as you receive it.
- Never let anyone else use your card.
- Keep your card in a safe place.
- Don’t let your card bend or get scratched.
- Keep your card away from magnetized objects and phones.
- Get your card back anytime you use it.
- Keep your card transaction(s) and ATM receipts to check against your statement.
- Read correspondences from your bank before discarding as they may contain important card
account information and not just marketing material.
- Make sure the online shop is reputable. Get more information if unsure.
- Check if the online shop has a Return and Refunds policy.
- Use a secure browser connection when entering card details.
- Check that the site URL begins with “https” or look for a locked padlock or unbroken key
symbol at the bottom right of your browser window.
- Don’t make your password/CVV easily identifiable and don’t disclose it to anyone.
- Print out a copy of the transaction record for any online purchase you make.
Fraud Prevention/ Detection
- Check your account balance regularly.
- Call us immediately on +234 805 852 8865, +234 803 836 5120, if you suspect fraudulent transactions.
- Keep your card in a safe place where no one else has access to it.
- Keep your card in sight at all times to ensure no one copies your card details (to avoid skimming/cloning)
- Never send your Credit Card number by email
- The Bank will never ask you to update your cards details online or via email.
- Report any request to do so immediately to the Bank.
- Don’t give your card details when you have initiated a call to a company you are not are familiar
- Keep your card in sight at all times to ensure no one copies your card details.
- Memorise your PIN, don’t ever write it down.
- Never tell anyone else your PIN.
- Don’t choose a PIN that is easily associated with you e.g. your birth date.
- Don’t let anyone see your PIN when using ATMs or POS.
- Change your PIN periodically, and if you think it may have been compromised, change it immediately.
- Use a different PIN for different cards.
If your card is stolen or lost or your PIN is compromised, Please notify us immediately.